This article will help you choose the best calculators in India for your needs. Also,
- Give you my Top Researched Recommendations,
- How I picked the best calculators,
- Tell you about factors you need to consider before buying.
Calculators are required by students and can be found in large numbers in accountants’ offices and other jobs that deal with numbers daily.
Anyone who has been trying to do the math on a phone or tablet will recognize how difficult it is to do math without a calculator.
Quick Review of The Best Calculator In India
- Casio DJ-240D (Best Overall)
- Texas BA-II plus (2nd Best)
- Casio HL-122TV (3rd Best)
- Casio MJ-12D ( Good option too)
How Did I Research The Top Calculator in India?
I have researched the top products and ranked them based on their specifications, quality, price, and customer reviews to help you make a quick and easy decision. I have read about and researched each product thoroughly.
I researched the following six features:
3) Number of Features
4) Battery life
I did this by following,
1) Reviewed customer feedbacks
2) Looked at expert reviews
3) Calculated the value for money
4) Read through various ecommerce sites and owners reviews.
There are many kinds of calculators available. While some can handle various operations, others are made to perform a more specific function.
Some types of calculators include graphing calculators, scientific calculators, financial calculators, and more.
With so many varieties of calculators, you are more likely to encounter either a four-function (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing) or a scientific (more varied functions, such as trigonometric and logarithmic functions) calculator.
In addition, please go through the Calculator Buying Guide also, which is written after detailed research.
The List Of The Best Basic and Scientific Calculators In India
#2- Texas BA-II plus -Perform Cash Flow Analysis (Professional Calculator)
The Texas BA-II rugged calculator is built from metal and plastic. It is a solid, no-nonsense tool. The body of the calculator is made of plastic.
The panel around the buttons on the calculator’s keypad is the only thing on the calculator made out of metal.
- The Texas BA-II supports both standard math functions and various financial functions.
- We can use it for various applications, such as advanced mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- It has some great features. It generates an amortization.
- The calculator can handle simple financial calculations, like net present value (NPV), or modify the internal rate of return (IRR) to account for cash flow timing. Net present value or net future value.
- People can use this kind of calculator to make informed financial decisions.
- A person can also use it to calculate gains and losses for a stock portfolio. You can even use it to determine the impact of inflation on your savings. But one can also use it for more everyday tasks, such as basic arithmetic.
- One can easily perform cash flow analysis and advanced calculations.
|Number of Batteries
|1 CR123A battery is required. (included)
It is accurate and efficient, with a large display that makes it easy to see your results. It’s also got a sturdy design that protects the buttons from accidental bumps and spills.
#3- Casio HL-122TV Silver Basic Calculator (3rd Best)
This new calculator is designed to do more than just addition and subtraction.
It comes with additional features, including a Grand Total key and a tax function key to perform more complex operations.
- The best thing about Casio HL-122TV is that it can handle any kind of math problem for you without any difficulty. With a simple click or two, you can have the answer to your problems. The calculator is perfect for use in the home, school, or even work.
- The best part about these calculators is that one can find them almost everywhere and at the most affordable prices too.
- It’s small enough to fit in your pocket and is relatively light in weight, so you can take it with you everywhere you go – just keep it in your purse, backpack, or even your car.
- It is not a scientific calculator.
Casio HL-122TV’s most impressive feature is the speed at which it can perform calculations. The display is incredibly clear and can show many decimal places, making it pretty easy to distinguish between two similar values.
Casio MJ-12D (150 Steps Check and Correct Desktop Calculator)
It is also recommended by Amazon at the time of writing.
It is hard to be efficient when you’re using a calculator with an outdated design. It does not have the features you need and it’s just not a great time.
Well, we have got some good news for you because that is no longer the case.
With the cool new Casio MJ 12D 150 steps calculator, you will have everything you need in one brilliantly designed unit.
From memory keys to the percentage key and even a square root key, it all adds up to a great time-saving tool.
- The Comma Marker Key provides a quick and easy way to change between lakhs and crores or millions and billions.
- This is a great calculator that has a lot of features. The CASIO MJ-12D calculator is easy to use.
- You can perform 150 steps of check and correct calculations.
- It has a solar power feature that uses sunlight to conserve battery life. It also has a good memory feature that stores data for later recall.
- You need a calculator for the CA exam, and you want one that is really good.
It’s got all the functions you’ll need for your CA exam, including GT (Grand Totals) which is super useful in many cases like if you’re looking to calculate how much interest was accrued on investment between two dates.
- This Casio calculator is very smooth, sensitive, and highly accurate – not to mention easy to use with its soft keys. So you can type very fast on this calculator.
|Solar and Battery
Bambalio BL-555M Calculator
The Bambalio BL-555M is a high-quality basic calculator that comes with a modest price tag. So, there is absolutely no need to break the bank when you want a good calculator for your job.
Bambalio BL-555M from Japan covers all the basics plus more without costing an arm and a leg – or your sanity.
- Valuable features include autoreply and correct functions.
- The rounding of numbers is simple thanks to its automatic checksum function. You can do quick calculations with check functions. Your previous results are stored for easy reference.
- The design is excellent and is made from plastic. The keys are spacious, making this calculator ideal for anyone who does a lot of math-based work.
- It also provides an easy reference of past calculations with the recall function up to 122 steps back.
- The large LCD shows up to 12 digits.
- The basic calculator is solar-powered and is used to charge the battery to be used at night or during rainy days.
- It is battery-powered as well as backed by a 3-year warranty package.
|Number of Digits
You are tired of your calculator not having the features you need. It would help if you had something with a large, easy-to-read display and a fast response rate.
When it comes to getting the most for your money, you’ll want a calculator that will last and is easy to use.
- The CT500 is perfect for those basic calculations. Still, if you’re doing anything more complicated, this probably isn’t the right calculator for you.
- Plus, the CT500 runs on either solar power or batteries, so there is never a shortage of power in low-light areas.
- It has a large, twelve-digit (LCD 10+2) character display for easier viewing and runs on solar or battery power. The large keys make it great for basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction. With its fast response rate, you’ll never be waiting around.
- Plus, this model doesn’t have any features that you don’t need (like tax rates), which means you can save money without sacrificing usability.
- Display up to 120 of the previous calculations you have made.
- Illustrates the formula entry and calculated answer simultaneously
- Comes with 1 Year Warranty
- Not a scientific calculator, but more advanced for mathematics problems than calculators found in mobile phones and digital watches.
|Number of Digits
|10+2 character display
Mengshen Solar Battery Desktop Calculator
The Mengshen Solar Battery Desktop Calculator is one of the few calculators with a 14 digit display that makes it easy to see what you are doing.
- It’s perfect for home and office use and fits comfortably in your hand with its ergonomic button design.
- Plus, it has an automatic power-off function, so it won’t accidentally go into sleep mode.
- The auto power-off function is perfect for those who forget to turn off their calculators after each use. It is also solar-powered, so there is no need for batteries, making this one even more convenient than other calculators.
- The LCD monitor is made for easy viewing. It prevents glare and eye strain, even in the dimmest lighting. The display is crisp even in the darkest conditions.
- Not a scientific calculator.
- A decent choice for someone who needs to do some simple addition or multiplication or people who need to do quick calculations without needing to press too many buttons at once.
|Number of Digits
Orpat OT-512GT Calculator
You need a calculator to keep track of all the numbers you’re working with, and you don’t want one that’s too expensive.
So if you are not concerned about more complex features, the Orpat 512GT is worth looking into.
- These rugged calculators features an all-black body. Its keys are easily visible due to the extra-large LCD that is easy to read.
- It also comes with 12 digits to input calculations instead of just ten on most other calculators.
- Its buttons are spaced out evenly, so there is no need for you to search around for the right one each time.
- As well as several useful functions including checks, correct, and total.
- It also has the same functions as a standard calculator, so it’ll be perfect when trying out some basic math.
- It even has an auto replay button so you can stop typing in numbers and have them automatically repeat themselves.
- Just be aware that this calculator lacks some of the features necessary for finance-related calculations, including the Grand Total button, meaning if you are looking for something with more features, this might not be the one you’re looking for. So, not a very good financial calculator.
- It has an angled screen which reduces strain and glare when compared to other calculators.
- Not a scientific calculator.
- It comes with a one-year warranty package.
|Number of Digits
Casio MJ-120GST, GST Calculator
Casio MJ-120GST Calculator was designed to take care of all your calculation needs.
- It has extra-large digits, so it’s easy to see the digits and it also includes the Indian Comma Marker to read numbers in Lakhs, Crore, F cut key, Memory keys. It also has a Key rollover feature.
- With its solar power capability and battery backup, this calculator will get you through any calculations, no matter how complicated they are.
- The Casio MJ-120GST comes with a Three-year warranty.
- The Casio MJ-120GST features an easy-to-read display, so calculations are always quick and accurate and rounded out with a decimal point selector.
- Not a scientific calculator.
- Not only do the keys have easy-to-read labels, but it also features a 200 steps check and correct to review your input and make any necessary changes.
|Check and Correct
|up to 200 steps
Imagine a simple calculator for GST rates with five pre-set values (0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, and 28%), so you will always know how much money you owe or are owed when calculating taxes on sale prices.
This Casio GST Calculator is great for both retail and office settings.
Not for CA work.
Xech Foldable LCD E-Writer /rewrite
Imagine a calculator with an e-writer that can be used to take and store data electronically or drawing/writing on its large 5.5-inch screen.
But not everyone can afford a fancy, expensive calculator with all the bells and whistles. That’s where DigiFold comes in.
- In general, customers prefer to take pictures on their smartphones and save them to share what they have written or drawn on XECH DIGIFOLD.
- It is small enough to take anywhere and has the full functionality of a regular pad and pencil so you can sketch out your next great idea. Plus, it’s got a calculator, and you can use it as rough paper too, which is great for kids or adults.
- This Xech Foldable LCD E-Writer 12 Digit Calculator is perfect for everyday people who need a basic but functional calculator that will not break the bank.
- It also comes with an Automatic Shutdown feature to save power, so it will never run out of battery when you need it the most.
- The Xech DigiFold Calculators are perfect for high school students. It has an easy-to-use 12 digit LCD E-writer and stylus that one can use to take notes electronically or draw and write.
- The unit helps save trees by going paperless with a compact design that makes it easy to carry around.
- This is not a scientific calculator.
- The Xech Foldable 12 Digit Calculator is an innovative and practical tool to have with you at all times. It’s made from durable and lightweight materials.
Country of Origin India
|Country of Origin
Can one save what they wrote on the LCD screen?
One cannot save what they have written on the LCD, as it does not have any internal memory.
So How Do Calculators and Scientific Calculators Work?
Calculators are relatively simple devices. An LCD screen is used to display the numbers being entered. A few buttons are used to enter the numbers and perform the operation as requested.
The calculator uses buttons, switches, and a digital display to represent numbers. For example, when the user presses a button, and a number appears on the screen, that exact number will be stored in memory. Such calculators use a series of switches to turn on the display.
The Basic Parts of a Calculator
Among the most recognizable parts of any calculator are the display and the keyboard. We see the display when we look at a calculator – it shows us the numbers being calculated by showing us digits 0 through 9.
A calculator’s keyboard is where we enter numbers and perform the calculations.
Many calculators do have an on/off switch and a power indicator light. The button that turns the calculator on or off is sometimes called the “on/off” switch.
It is usually a small rectangular rubber button located in the top-right or bottom-right corner of the calculator.
Some devices have an indicator light showing when the device is plugged in or turned on, or even if it has a full battery charge.
Calculators also have a battery compartment where the batteries are installed. The battery compartment is located on the back of most handheld calculators.
It may take either one or two AAA batteries, depending on the type of calculator and its intended use.
If one needs to replace the batteries at any time, they can usually just pop out the old ones and replace them with new ones.
Nowadays, many calculators in India use solar power to function.
The keyboard is a set of keys that are located on the front of the calculator.
They have been designed to be used in conjunction with the display and created to input numbers, perform calculations, and enter some formulas as efficiently as possible.
By pressing one of these keys, one enters a new number on display or changes the number they are currently working with.
Power Supply Unit
And finally, there is a power supply unit. In most handheld calculators in India, the power supply unit is located inside of the device, usually in the area between the keyboard and the display.
It is a small circuit board with several integrated circuits and transistors that function as switches.
When you turn on your calculator by pressing the “on/off” switch, it gives power to these transistors and switches to allow power to flow into other circuits of the calculator.
Factors to look for when buying a new calculator (Buying Guide)
Price Of Calculator:
Check for Any Warranty Available On The Calculator:
Calculator Special Keys:
I really want you to get the best calculator in India in 2022 after reading this blog post.